SAEOPA is a representative, vibrant organisation that actively promotes and protects the Southern African essential, vegetable- and seed oils industry and the interests of SAEOPA members.
To establish a regional essential oil industry, comprising both indigenous and exotic plants, with high production volumes, excellent quality, sustainability and maximum value-adding, whose end products meet international market requirements.
To be an association that supports its members with agricultural-, technical and marketing information in order to exploit business opportunities.
To build an active and strong Southern African Essential Oil Producers’ Association that will grow the industry and make a positive contribution to developing the economy of Southern Africa.
To increase the region’s volume of essential oil production and exports to the extent of it being a net exporter of essential oil-related products.
To be recognised internationally as the regional voice for the essential oil industry in Southern Africa.
- Enjoying extensive representativeness and effective liaison
- Growing the essential- and vegetable oil industry in Southern Africa
- Providing value-adding services to the industry
- Providing value-adding services to SAEOPA members
- Establishing and maintaining irreproachable corporate governance.
These goals translate to objectives such as the following:
- Promote production, processing & distribution
- Represent & promote members & the industry
- Provide salient information & advice
- Unified & independent mouthpiece of the industry
- Promote quality to meet international standards
- Promote access to benefit-sharing
- Co-ordinate the industry’s activities
- Promote research & exports
- Facilitate members’ sustainability & competitiveness.