Who we are
SAEOPA, a non-profit organisation, was established in 2000 to:
- Promote essential oils and natural plant products’ production, processing and export
- Represent and promote the interests of members and the industry
- Collect, collate and disseminate salient information
- Be the unified and independent mouthpiece of the industry
- Facilitate the coordination of the industry’s activities
- Promote research to expand the national and regional industry
- Facilitate the sustainability of and increase the competitiveness of members, the national and the regional industry
- Empower members via training, workshops, conferences, trade missions, etc.
- Perform such functions as may be desirable for the attainment of these objectives.
Board of Directors
Karen Swanepoel (Executive Director), Nnana Makhubu (Chairperson), Magda Sly (value-adding & marketing), Marianna du Plessis (Secretary), Petra Thiessen-Terblanche, Dr Merida Smuts, Rosemary du Preez, Tafara Shuro
- Enjoying extensive representativeness and effective liaison
- Growing the essential and vegetable oil industry in Southern Africa
- Providing value-adding services to the industry
- Providing value-adding services to SAEOPA members
- Establishing and maintaining irreproachable corporate governance.