Trade leads and market and marketi
ng information used to be provided to members by circulars, but these have now been replaced with interactive website pages that are available to paid-up members who can login to the Members portal. For instance, the website includes a trade exchange functionality for members’ benefit, with a commission payable to SAEOPA.
Marketing and export-related services, some of which are provided by means of this website, include:
- market trends, commodity prices, and other market intelligence
- marketing channels, buyers and importers
- training on marketing and export-related topics, such as participation in trade fairs and the Registration, evaluation, authorisation and restriction of chemicals (REACH) regulations and the Regulation on classification, labelling and packaging (CLP) pertaining to exports to the European Union
- facilitating members’ participation in outwards-selling and inward-buying missions and pavilions at international trade fairs
- assistance with documents such technical data sheets and safety data sheets
- compliance with destination markets’ legal and regulatory requirements
- co-operation with entities that support export initiatives are pursued to assist members with these services.